Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Illness

I hate being sick, and boy have I been sick! For 6 days I've had a painful cough, congestion, and body aches. I've been unable to work, exercise, or even get out of my house. Today I can't talk. It's been really rough. I keep waiting for whatever this is, likely flu, to improve, but it just keeps hanging on and dragging me down. Enough already!

As a result of being sick and being stuck in the house, my mood has taken a little dip. I have way too much time on my hands. I have little to no energy to do anything with my time, yet I can only sleep so much. So here I am, bored, and tired, and feeling under the weather for the sixth day in a row. I'm not sure what to do with myself.

I hate what this prolonged illness is doing to my fitness and finances. Just as I was getting back up to speed in both areas this virus comes along and stops me in my tracks. I've missed 3.5 days of work and 6 days of exercise. Money and fitness flying out the window. Frustrating. I'm reminding myself this is temporary. I'll feel better soon. But I'm getting a little impatient. I hate being sick.

No comments:



.